This course is for parents/ caregivers and family members of children aged between 24 and 48 months who are delayed with the development of their speech and/or social communication skills. Children will have some speech, but will not yet talking at an age appropriate level (e.g. single words but not combining and/ or using unintelligible speech).
This course is designed to support participants to learn how to identify the specific speech issues that a child may be experiencing, alongside building skills and strategies to help support the development of phrased speech and communication for a wide range of purposes.
- Session 1 Confident Communicators: An Introduction
- Session 2 Confident Communicators: A is for Attention!
- Session 3 Confident Communicators: Regulation and Sensory Processing
- Session 4 Confident Communicators: The ABCs of Behavioural Science
- Session 5 Confident Communicators: Building The Foundations for Combining Words!
- Session 6 Confident Communicators- Teaching Your Child to Combine Words
- Session 9 Confident Communicators: Teach Me to Understand
- Session 10 Confident Communicators: Setting Goals
- Session 11 Confident Communicators: Monitoring Progress through Data Collection