This course is for parents/ carers/ family members of children aged between 4 and 8 years old who can combine 3+ words to request or label, but who are not yet using language for social communication purposes.
We start with learning about the importance of ‘descriptive’ language to make requests more specific, before moving on to teaching commenting (joint attention words), asking questions and developing early back and forth conversation skills.
- Session 1 Excited Enquirers: The Functions of Language
- Session 2 Excited Enquirers: The ABCs of Behavioural Science
- Session 3 Excited Enquirers: Developing Descriptive Requests
- Session 4 Excited Enquirers: Expanding Understanding
- Session 5 Excited Enquirers: Learning to Ask Questions
- Session 6 Excited Enquirers: Building Back and Forth Conversation
- Session 7 Excited Enquirers: Teaching the Language of Joint Attention